One Way Truck Rental Vs. Full Service Moving
Here are some things to keep in mind:
If you are moving a relatively short distance and your shipment is large, It would probably cost you less doing the move yourself. On the other hand, if you are moving more than 500 miles and your shipment is small you might be better off letting a full service movers perform the move. Many times you can find great deals with carriers on their return trips through moving brokers or by making
many phone calls.
One way truck rental rates can get pretty expensive during the summer
time where everyone is moving, so if you can plan ahead avoid the busy season.
Here are some costs that are
associated with one way truck rentals:
1. The cost of truck rental plus tax.
2. Insurance for truck damage, not including possible
3. Cost of gas about $.65 per mile.
4. Blanket rentals, depending on your
needs can turn to be quit costly.
5. Dollies rental, for boxes appliances
6. Additional fees if you do not get
the truck back on time
7. Food expenses
8. Hotel expenses.
9. You owe all your friends that help
you a big favor this can get expensive.
10. Broken furniture costs. Since you
are not a professional mover or packer you might end up
damaging some furniture. The one way truck rental facility
will not insure your furniture and you can not expect your
cousin to pay for it.
11. Chiropractor and doctor bills from
moving the heavy stuff you where not trained to carry. And
here it is not just money, so do yourself a favor let the
professionals do the work, stimulate the economy by filling
out the form above by clicking here